• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Transmission question

Hi,
I have genital herpes and I want to know how likely it is that I could pass this on in this scenario. If someone was touching my penis (giving me a hand job) when I had no visible symptoms at the time and I take aciclovir 400mg twice daily. I am concerned that if she touched her genitals after without washing her hands if there is a risk of her getting it? I have had this for 8 years and very rarely get blisters. 
Thanks

I would say her transmitting it to herself that way is highly unlikely. Herpes viruses thrive in mucus membranes (I.e. our lips and genitals), so the possibility of it surviving for very long on your hands (no mucus membranes) to then be passed to the genitals is low. Sure, it happens, which is how people end up with ocular herpes, but that's pretty rare.  Plus, if you're on suppressive therapy and have no visible outbreak, I would say that significantly lessens the possibility. Take a deep breath! I'm sure it's fine.