• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone find a relationship between Shingles or the Shingles Vaccine and Herpes outbreaks?

I had a terrible genital herpes outbreak in September of 2018.  I didn't know that's what it was until I visited my gynecologist.  She did a blood test which showed a high level of the genital herpes virus in my blood, even tho the culture was negative.  I was 63 years old at the time and hadn't been sexually active with anyone except my husband for over 25 years and I know there wasn't any question of him cheating.  It was two years before my next outbreak and now I am having them back to back.  I know Shingles is a form of herpes virus and some of the symptoms are the same, tho localized to the genital area.  I looked at my records and saw that I got a Shingrix vaccine in May 2018 and that first herpes outbreak was in Sept of 2018 (long after the point where I was sexually active).  I am a huge proponent of vaccines and so am not inclined to implicate a vaccine for any medical condition developed subsequent to that, but the similarities between the two viruses and the timing had made me wonder.  Has anyone else seen this or considered this association?

• mr_hopp changed the title to Anyone find a relationship between Shingles or the Shingles Vaccine and Herpes outbreaks?