• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Some hacks to bring you comfort

Hello everyone. I am GHSV2. I was diagnosed April 2021. It has been a rough emotional and physical journey but I am here to report progress. As a woman I know this situation is difficult but to everyone dealing with this situation you will overcome it and it will get better with time. 

Learning my body now post diagnoses I can feel when a flare up is happening. As my body is fighting back the HSV (which has gotten quite better since last year) I’ll get tender in my V spot or will have bad nerve pain in my foot or leg. When this happens, I don’t wear underwear to minimize friction. I know then to take the acyclovir to shorten or stop the flare ups altogether. I also use a acyclovir cream. Both meds can be found on a website called Wisp which is a discreet online health clinic. Affordable also to those without health insurance.  

I’ll take hot baths with Botanicals & Wellness Aromatherapy Bath Salts (the 3 pack). The sea salt and roses combo soothes my skin and calms down the many painful parts of my condition. Adding some rose petals to the bath helps more as it has antioxidants and minerals for silky smooth and healthy skin. During sex, I use a water based lube to minimize friction. I noticed that I would tear a little more easily since diagnosed and wanted to take preventive measures. No sex during outbreaks ever. 

Vitamins I take are (Lysine, Zinc, B12, Vaginal probiotic, Vitamin D, Turmeric and Reg Marine Algae). Sometimes I am not as consistent but giving your immune system extra support will help suppress the HSV. 

Whenever I think about the HSV, I’m not sure if I had it for a long time as I’ve been itchy in one spot for years on and off or if it was something I contracted recently. I was so confused and upset during the time I was diagnosed because I had always used condoms, gotten tested and been careful. But I’ve done research and found out that you can contract herpes even during condoms usage or you could have it for years before it suddenly pops up. Either way, I’m just glad that it hasn’t been as horrible as it was since my first outbreak. Hopefully it can go completely dormant within 18 months. 

I hope I was able to help. Good luck and God bless. 

• Like 1

Hi! 

Sorry for the late reply! 

Thank you so much for your kind encouragement on the site. It is so amazing that you have found such peace with your body, and you have 'tools in your toolbox' to help take care of yourself, from 🌹 baths to knowing how clothing impacts you during outbreaks to reducing friction during intimacy. Thank you for sharing your self-care health tools with us! 

Sending blessings and prayers of happiness your way, and thank you again for your kindness and encouragement!! ☀️🕊️

• Sad 1

89Star can you tell me what brand of Lysine you are taking? I am trying to find a good brand, I did find one on Pure Encapsulations site but haven't bought it yet. I already take Vit D, Vit C, B12 and a Probiotic but I have to be careful what I take because I am a heart patient.

I was also wondering about that site Wisp? The cream is too expensiive even with insurance so I assume that is a legite site? How do they determine how much they charge a person? I already take Valtrex pills but not sure if it works or not as I am not sure how it works. Thanks

On 3/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, Stressed1 said:

89Star can you tell me what brand of Lysine you are taking? I am trying to find a good brand, I did find one on Pure Encapsulations site but haven't bought it yet. I already take Vit D, Vit C, B12 and a Probiotic but I have to be careful what I take because I am a heart patient.

I was also wondering about that site Wisp? The cream is too expensiive even with insurance so I assume that is a legite site? How do they determine how much they charge a person? I already take Valtrex pills but not sure if it works or not as I am not sure how it works. Thanks

Hey. I use finest nutrition brand lysine in 500 mg. The wisp site was the first place I went to buy acyclovir after my first prescription post diagnosis. I also visited a doctor who did prescribe me valtrex 1000 mg and honestly there was no difference in the beginning. The acyclovir cream may be a little expensive but a little goes a long way. I actually prefer the cream for my outbreaks sometimes as the acyclovir pills makes me a little drowsy sometimes. It all depends on how I feel per episode. 

It’s been almost a year since my first outbreak and my outbreaks continue to get milder and shorter thank God. Another really good product I like is femiclear. It can be found online. It has antiviral properties to help clear outbreaks faster. And don’t forget about the aromatherapy bath salts and rose petal baths. They helped me tremendously. God bless and good luck. 

• Like 1

Hey 89Star,

Thanks for the reply 🙂 For the last 2 weeks I have been dealing with a severe Anal yeast infection that is now gone but still in the vag area and I am thinking I must have some GHPV sores near/in my Anal area because my HRoids are still on fire and burn so bad I can hardly sit 😞 I am in so much pain I hate to poop anymore. My Dr called in the Cream but even with Ins it is $92.00 for a very small amount but I am trying to get another pharmacy that does compounds make it for a much cheaper price but still waiting for them to call me back. I was taking the Vatrex pills for a week but it didn't seem like they were doing any good, I have another Dr appt tomorrow so she can make sure the Yeast infection is going away so i'll ask her more about the valtrex. 

So do you recommend Wisp site? I read a lot of bad reviews for them? I purchased the l-Lysine from Pure Encapsulations and received it today, do you think it works? I read that if you stop taking it that the sores come back worse? Hope that is not true.  

I'll take a look at Femiclear if you think it works well? I just know I can't stand this pain much longer 😞 

Thanks, same to you 🙂 

@Stressed1 Hi! 

I hope you are doing okay 🦋!

I am so sorry about your pain. It's great that your seeing the doctor tomorrow. It would be great to show them the bottle of L-Lysine you purchased from Pure Encapsulations, just so they can verify it's legit and make a note that you're taking the supplement in your chart. I have never heard of the company, so buy with caution! Make sure the vitamin bottle had a safety seal, and verify that the ingredients are safe. You can even make sure the product was made in a safe facility. I hope this helps! 

Definetely see if the doctor could give you Famcyclovir or Acyclovir, since the Valtrex isn't helping and sometimes switching up medicines helps. 

Let us know what happens with the doctor's appointment tomorrow. Advocate for yourself and don't let them dismiss your requests or symptoms! 

We are here for you!! 

Sending prayers of heal and happiness your way ☀️🦋!!

• Like 1