• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I've just found out about being HSV-1 and 2 positive and am afraid of finding out more

I've just found out my diagnosis, I have been dealing with a severe anemia, apparently due to excessive period bleeding. Since I also need to go to a hematologist, my gynecologist asked just the IGG and IGM blood tests. I've been with one person for 20 years. I used to get tested  regularly, he got tested some times. We haven't been together for the last 3 years, but I haven't been with anyone else. Not even dated. 

I guess I'm babbling, but I'm so lost and I still have to go to the hematologist and be checked for all other possible diseases. If any other comes up positive...I don't know if I can handle it. I'm so crushed.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Take a breath. You are beautiful. You are pure. You are safe. 

You may feel so angry or upset with your body. Please know that it isn't your fault or your body's fault; your body is trying to hard to keep you well. Be kind to yourself and hold your head high. You are a survivor and you will get through this! 🙂 

The anemia and heavy bleeding does not sound fun, I hope you get the treatment and support you need to heal and feel better!

So, the doctor ordered the blood results, and they came back positive in an IgG or an IgM bloodtest? Also, what type of HSV did the test come back positive as?

Also, have you ever experienced symptoms or outbreaks before? You could have oral HSV (usually HSV-1), so if you get cold sores, it is possible the results came back positive due to this! 

While at the hematologist, you could ask them about the blood results you received (they would actually be great at answering questions about this, and they could also explain how sometimes IgG and IgM antibodies are influenced by other herpesvirae and infections as well. Use this time with the hematologist to your advantage-- your health matters! 

Stay strong and exhale those worries. As my great grandmother used to say... worrying is like a rocking chair... something to do, but you don't get anywhere! 

I am praying for you! ❤️ 

Blessings!