• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes 1

I’ve had cold sores on my lip years!!

*1 my question is it possible to get cold sore on the side of my tongue even tho I’ve been getting them on the same spot of my lip for years ?

*2 is it possible for you to get the same virus both oral and genital ?

• Like 1

Hello! 

I hope you are well. These are great questions! 

1. Yes, you can get a sore/outbreak anywhere in the region where you have HSV. For example, if you have oral herpes you may get an outbreak in the same spot, such as the lip, or possibly inside the mouth (or even nose). Similarly, those with genital herpes may have the same recurring spot, or potentially their genitals, buttocks, lower back, anus, or thigh area. 

2. Yes, but it's unlikely, since your body builds up antibodies to it (so it's very unlikely to get it elsewhere). People who have the same type in two regions may have contracted both at the same time. Or, it is possible to give yourself H if you accidentally pass it to yourself before you reach th antibody build up period (12+ weeks). Also, you could get it from another or yourself even past the 12+ week stage of antibody production. But, it's unlikely (but more likely if you are on immunosuppressant medication or are immunocompromised)

I hope this helps!!

Blessings!! ☀️🌻