• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Married to the man who accepted me…unconditionally!

Hi all,

havent been on here in a while because herpes is so rarely something I think about anymore, but I just wanted to provide an update and hopefully give some inspiration to those struggling with maybe a recent diagnosis.

I married the man who didn’t flinch when I told him about my HSV a few months ago after 5 years together. We are a normal couple who argues over normal, stupid things like lumpy gravy (last night). He has issues, I have issues. But never has herpes interfered in our relationship (unless I have allowed an outbreak to make me feel like shit which sometimes happens but I get over it in like a day).

We are about to undergo our fertility journey toward parenthood (fingers crossed we get pregnant with a healthy beautiful baby).

sending hope and love to everyone out there - remember that herpes is annoying and painful at best but it does not in any way define you.

xoxo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, CSS1988 said:

So you have little to no symptoms of HSV-2? Is that why you didn’t tell him sooner?

No.

I told my husband before we were intimate which was  >5 years ago.

I married him a few months ago.

I feel like I’m having to explain something you have misunderstood.

I am a firm believer of disclosure. This post was meant to inspire those without hope of acceptance.

I told my husband I had herpes before we slept together and he accepted.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2022 at 10:08 AM, LittleStar said:

No.

I told my husband before we were intimate which was  >5 years ago.

I married him a few months ago.

I feel like I’m having to explain something you have misunderstood.

I am a firm believer of disclosure. This post was meant to inspire those without hope of acceptance.

I told my husband I had herpes before we slept together and he accepted.

Thank you so much for posting this. I joined this sight because I was ghosted by a guy I thought I could disclose my status to (HSV-2) and I have felt so defeated the past few weeks. Your post does give me hope and I am genuinely happy for you.  Blessings and well wishes to you! 

• Like 2