• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is this herpes

So I’ve been having some weird feelings everything that lines up with herpes symptoms but never a sore or blisters or a swollen glands tested for all std except herpes 1 because I’ve been getting cold sores on mouth for years tested negative for everything including herpes 2 but these weird feeling has been going on since January but nothing to swab so I’m just confused any ideas? 

• Like 1

I tested negative 2 times before my positive test about 9 months after my first outbreak. So it might take a while for a blood test to come back positive if that’s how you’ve been testing. I kept going back to the doctor because I was having symptoms but I never came to them with an unpoped blister.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CSS1988 said:

I tested negative 2 times before my positive test about 9 months after my first outbreak. So it might take a while for a blood test to come back positive if that’s how you’ve been testing. I kept going back to the doctor because I was having symptoms but I never came to them with an unpoped blister.

Yes, I agree. We are all different and some people need more time to develop antibodies. Some never develop, this was case with me. I have HSV for 20 years and still testing negative through blood tests. Luckily I had two positive PCR swabs of sores so I was able to get proper diagnosis. Also test can be wrong too and from what I have read, standard blood tests miss around 25 percent of HSV 1 infections and 8 percent of HSV 2 infections. Western blot tests are much more reliable but can also miss some cases. 

• Like 1

I haven’t gotten a chance to see a doctor yet cause I’m out of the country right now.

what’s confusing to me is that with this weird stuff going on for months shouldn’t there be a out break by now? I thought prodrome were tell tail sign a outbreak is coming 

• Like 1

@Dinhall Hello!

Good point. Yes, the tingling and symptoms are a sign that the virus is shedding, however it can also be from nerve damage as well. Sores may occur, but the human body is impacted differently by HSV for each person. They talk about asymptomatic HSV (no symptoms at all) and then symptomatic HSV, but rarely do we talk about those who may have neurological symptoms but no dermatological symptoms. Can anyone else who has HSV and symptoms except the sores speak more about this? Thank you! 

Blessings to you 🙂 !! 

I regularly feel a dull ache in the groin and testicles as well as odd itching sensations which appear sometimes in the lower back or public area (and even lower stomach). Difficult to describe them as they vary but sometimes it's almost like a burning sensation that goes off very quickly. Sometimes it's an itch that can be eased simply by pinching the skin of the affected area. Other times I get a shooting pain from a testicle down one leg, but again this only lasts a couple of seconds.