• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Panic

Hello, 

I am new to this site but I am not new to the H. I have had it for 4 years and I’m currently in the worst outbreak since the first outbreak. Which was absolutely horrible. 

I have not had any outbreaks for about a year, until recently at the end of July. Sores will come and the heal, but before they are fully healed a new one will develop. My doctor increased my valtrex dose but that doesn’t seem to helping. I really can’t take it anymore. I read that pre workout can cause outbreaks, so I have stopped using that. I don’t think there’s been much improvement. 

Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do to make it go back to normal? I am at the end of my rope. Please help 

• Like 1

Hello!

Sorry for the delay in replying. I hope you are well. 

I'm so sorry you've been struggling with this. Have you had any health changes at all (such as illness)? Sometimes that can trigger outbreaks. Stress can also trigger them. Sometimes people experience sudden extreme outbreaks due to hormones, stress, illness, injury, friction, activity, and so many other factors. Your situation is not unheard of, don't worry! 

Have you tried another type of antiviral? Sometimes the body gets used to one type so it is good to change it up 🙂 

I hope this helps! 

Sending blessings and prayers of happiness and healing your way 🌻

grace

• Like 1

Hi grace thank you so much for your kind words ❤️
I’m a little relieved to know that this has happened to other people. It eventually gets better right? It can’t last forever right? 

It has been a stressful time at work (August always is - but last summer I started taking anxiety meds; I stopped a few months after starting them) and my boyfriend took the bar exam in late July and I have been going to the gym more after not going for 1 1/2 years. Maybe it was a perfect storm of physical and emotional stress? I’m not sure. I haven’t tried any other kinds of antivirals. I have an OBGYN appointment on Thursday and I’ll bring that up. 

I hope this gets better soon. Thank you again ❤️

Hi! 

Of course, we are always here for you ❤️ 

Definitely sounds like it could be the perfect storm! Good for you for taking priority of your health and getting back into fitness. Be kind to yourself and take it slow and build up gradually to what you used to do! Congrats on your partner taking the BAR exam! I'm sure he passed! Let us know what happens at the appointment Thursday! 

Praying for you! ❤️