• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes esophagitis and consequences

Hello to everyone. I would like to share my story with you and ask if someone had something similar.

I have read every story here about herpes esophagitis, but couldn’t find how people live further with it.

So my story began in middle of November. A prostitute licked my anus. And In two weeks I got a symptom of tingle in my bladder. And I think, urine changed colour. In December this symptom disappeared, but my throat started to ache. I went to urologist, and made all tests for STDs. All were negative (HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhoea). He didn’t not make a test for HSV. Doctor said that throat ache is not connected to my complaints about tingles in the bladder. 
I was hoping that my throat ache will just go in a couple of weeks. But it didn’t happen. In the middle of January I went by myself to make a blood test for all STDs. All were negative except HSV. I don’t know which one 1 or 2, because it is a combined test. IgG 27,1 U/ml; IgM 1,52.

Now I had a sore throat and there was some stiffness in the throat. In February I had a flu with sinusitis, clogged ears and water in ears, for about two weeks. Sinusitis and flu were gone by the end of February, but I still have some stiffness in the throat. It is not a sore throat. All this time I didn’t see any blisters. 
Now all the symptoms are gone except stiffness and tingles in the throat, dull ache in the ear, especially afternoon. After I wake up in the morning it is more or less normal. 
I think as I did not see any visual blisters and I have these problems with the throat that it is herpes esophagitis.

Did anyone have these symptoms? And when my throat can become normal?