• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital herpes lasting almost 4 weeks

@Chelsea514 I am in the same boat as you. I have had nonstop prodrome and sores for the past 6 months. I checked in the mirror with a flashlight, and it almost seems like the sores in my case haven't really healed. I am making an appt with an obgyn soon to check it out. I have tried changing my diet to avoid arginine, sleeping more, taking supplements, but so far nothing has helped. I will say that vaseline provides a good barrier and comfort, but I don't want to keep using a petroleum product down there and am looking at alternatives like olive oil and coconut oil.

Have you tried taking antivirals? 

Hi 

yes I’m on acyclovir. 500mg a day.  I sleep with Benadryl now for the itching and I see small improvements.  I just started vitamin c and am going to get coconut oil cream and L Lysine today.  I don’t have sores tho. I have unbelievable itching and sharp pains

I’m so upset

I hope you get better fast.
I’ll let you know if anything starts really working.  So far I hit a dead end