• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes help: What should I think/do?

So my tests have come back and I only have HSV 1 and according to my doctor it is only oral. Well my job this summer has me working outside and in the heat and if your in the Midwest of the US you know how hot it is this year, anyway once my fever blister on my mouth was almost healed I had spent a whole day from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. and it caused me to get heat rash or so I thought and then I got to thinking it was HSV 1 genital. I went back to the doctor and asked and so he inspected me and said he is 99% sure that it is not genital herpes. I was relieved, but still skeptical .. I never had an open sore and it didn't hurt to touch, but itched like no ones business .... and the medicine I take for HSV 1 acyclovir didnt help it at all. Any thoughts? Should I trust my doctor?

Hi yesyouwillbeok ;-)...I think that just by asking the question you want an answer and you doctor just 'inspecting' it doesn't do that for you...you are right to question trusting his judgement and I would insist on swab being done. If the sore is still there get back in and demand one. My doctor also did an inspection and said I didn't have HSV2...the swab I requested proved it. Seems kind of dumb to me to have someone come in with oral H complaining of a sore genitally and NOT to fully test for it. At least with a swab you will know and not be left wondering, which I think is worse.