• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

wondering how I got herpes

Ok so I have been with my bf for a year now. And I got had my initial OB just two weeks ago.... I seriously do not think that he cheated and I know that I did not cheat... So how did I get this? Can it really lay dormant in your body for years before any outbreaks? He is a great guy and he just doesn't seem like the "cheating" type....

Yes, herpes can lay dormant for years before it can show itself. You could have gotten it from a previous relationship and just never had an OB.

It's also possible you just acquired it from your boyfriend, and he had it without knowing. One of the hardest things to wrap your head around is the fact that this virus can act this way. Don't assume your boyfriend cheated, but you will need to discuss this with him and both of you need to get tested for confirmation.

Hi Havefaith427,

I really don't believe the NAVY does HSV2 as a standard. He will need to request and try to convince the navy doctor he really needs it without having symptoms. Be glad when the CDC gets their crap together with testing. Good news if there is any - should not affect his career every if he does have hsv2.

Take care and good luck on your journey.

Ra