• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just backpacked 30 miles with an OB!

Let me just tell ya....if you think an OB is irritating, try having one the morning you leave for a 3 day backpacking trip in 85 degree humid weather!! Thank goodness I took meds with me just in case, and Gold Bond powder was a lifesaver. Only one bump, but it was large enough that it deserved its own name, and 30 miles of panties rubbing it certainly tested my sanity lol. I considered putting a bandaid over it, but couldn't imagine the pain of ripping it off in such a sensitive area!

On a more positive note, Cumberland Island National Seashore off the coast of Georgia is an amazing place to unwind.

I've been doing the Cumberland trips in spring and fall. My primary ob happened about 2 wks after the spring trip. I'm on valacyclovir daily, but still get an occasional lesion. So glad I took extra pills just in case. Fyi, the gold bond seemed to help it dry up, plus it helped relieve itching.

Where are you backpacking next year?

Well my issue is, if there are any seams, I get chaffing now that I have H and it'll be on my lower inside buttcheeks, like where it's close to your legs, vagina. That part of the buttock and it becomes painful quickly. So I have to find something I can wear underneath that has no stitching.. I heard of some stuff runners use for chafing too, that's applied like deodorant to those areas. Gonna try that too. I'm going to Grand Teton, yellow stone, glacier national park and one in Canada . forget the name.