• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just scared and want reassurance

I got herpes a year ago from this guy who refused to even have had it. It has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I have only had sex once and that is what happened. In the beginning, it was the most emotionally stressful situation I had ever been in. But since then I was able to research a ton to realize it isn't even that bad. They call it an STD but it is really just a skin disease which is what cold sores are just down there. I also was able to tell my closest guy friend about it and not only did he not react negatively but he said he liked me more because I am so strong to have to go through this. My fear is that being so young it was going to be really hard to find young people to accept me. So I told myself no relationships for as long as I can. Turns out I met the perfect boy this summer and we have been dating for a couple months now. I didn't think I was going to have to tell him for a while. But the sex talk came up and I just cried. He told me to tell me what was bothering me, so I did. It was really hard for me to say it and even after reading the many articles of how to bring it up I couldn't do it positively, I just cried for about an hour and he just hugged me. He took it so well I couldn't believe it. He told me he would never judge me and he loved me for me. But I'm really scared he is going to change his mind and I want to give him space but I also want to keep talking to him so I don't lose him for good.