• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Abstaining from oral sex, and having only protected vaginal sex enough to stop HSV1 transmission ?

Hi,

Is it possible to not infect your partner by abstaining from oral sex and having only protected vaginal sex during asymptomatic oral herpes ?

I never had any outbreak yet in 1 year. So I only worry about my partner about virus transmission. I want my partner safe so I have given up oral sex and intimate kissing (except simple lip kiss) and will have only protected vaginal sex.

is that enough to prevent herpes transmission to my partner ?

You can still have oral sex, buy yes there's always a risk, but it's possible to never pass it. I got oral herpes from my ex husband, but never got it down there. I did get HSV 2 down there, many yrs after our divorce. If you're that concerned, you can always use saran wrap or dental jams for oral sex. My neighbors both have oral HSV 1 and have never passed it to one another in 25yrs. Then I've seen someone be married 30yrs and suddenly catch it from oral.

Thanks for your help. Its positive to hear that there are still couples living together without infecting their partners. Thats what I am looking for and about oral sex I dont like oral sex so there is no way I am performing oral even with protection :). I only love vaginal which I will keep doing protected during asymptomatic shedding.

I am 26 and I am diagnosed with HSV1... I mean I will only have unprotected sex if I want kids otherwise I will only perform protected vaginal sex during asymptomatic shedding. No Oral at all. I never had any outbreaks yet but couple of time I got pimple type blister near mouth thats why I assume I have oral HSV1.

Actually I dont want my partner to catch Herpes from me.