• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Need info regarding safe sex

I recently met a man I really like and want to be with. He is HSV1 & 2 positive. I am oral HSV1 positive. I have a few questions. Can he spread anything to me by.....

1)mouth/tongue contact with my nipples

2)hand/finger contact with my genitals

3)if he performs oral sex on me.

I really like this guy and want to be as safe as possible.

@learningtofly If each of you has oral HSV1 (it was not clear from your post whether his HSV1 infection is oral), each of you is capable of spreading HSV1 to a partner's genitals via oral sex. If each of you has oral HSV1, each of you has partial immunity to contracting HSV1 genitally, meaning that each of you is less likely than someone without oral HSV1 to contract it genitally. Additionally, your partner has added immunity from contracting your HSV1 genitally because he already has HSV2. So as far as oral sex goes, I would say his risk of contracting HSV1 genitally from you is almost non-existent and your risk is very small.

As for risk of transmission to nipples, I suppose it's possible each of you could transmit HSV1 to the others nipples but the risk is very small. If either of you has an active cold sore, I would any kind of oral contact. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless his HSV1 or HSV2 infection is specifically herpes of the finger, I don't see a transmission risk, unless perhaps he is fondling himself during an outbreak and then touches your genitals while the virus is still active which I think is something like 10 seconds.