• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Low positive (1.25) now negative.. Should I retest

Hi, I was In relationship with someone with hvs2. I ended it in April and got tested at Quest Diagnostic. It was >.09 on both 1 and 2. 13 weeks later I went to my doctor and had a recheck. It came back as combo test of IgG 1.25 and IgM 1.19.

I decided to go back to quest diagnostic to check to see which type I had (16 weeks after) and it came back as HSV 1 >.09 and HSV 2 >.09. I'm confused. Should I go retest to be sure or just let it go and say I'm negative.

@MLS2016 It's unfortunate your doctor chose to do the combo test. My understanding is that they are notoriously unreliable. The IgG test you took through Quest at 16 weeks post exposure should be more reliable and the numbers you've referenced indicate negative results for both. If you have no symptoms, I would let it go and assume you are negative at this point.

Thank you, I didn't know that about the combo test. And I have never shown symptoms. I was just coming to terms with having HSV and now I'm too scared to let my guard down and think I could be negative. I was ok with having it, but wasn't planning on dating for a while and I'm still not planning to. But it would making dating a little easier with not having to have the talk since I'm insecure and very shy and dating was already stressful for me.