• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Am I in denial? Or am I getting a 'quick' answer from the OGBYN nurse?

Herpes?! I had some vaginal itching this summer and what looked like an ingrown hair. Dr confirmed it was "nothing" but a yeast infection. But I was worried (because I worry about everything) so I wanted STD blood tests. (Just got married last year and my H and I were not tested before started having sex. Each of us had a few prior partners, both married before. He has never had symptoms) My HSV1 level was 1.27, which is positive. Fine, easy to understand. My HSV2 IGG test came back with a very low positive of .90 which the internet tells me may not actually be a positive but the nurse at the dr's office tells me it is definitely positive.  So I don't feel confident to know if I actually have HSV2 or not!  And the Dr. hasn't called me back. Ugh. Crying, shame, confusion, FEAR. This sucks.  I can't seem to focus on anything else.

Husband is being great, reassuring me that we are in this together.

My understanding is that a value under 3.5 could potentially be a false positive. I would not consider either of those values definitive positive results for HSV1 or HSV2. I would test again in a few months or perhaps try a Western Blot test for a more definitive diagnosis. I would not expect the OBGYN nurse to be up to speed on any of this, unfortunately.