• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Would like some suggestions

Hi I desperately need some advice. I have had herpes now for over 20 years. I got it from a boyfriend who cheated. I have been married 3 children and divorced since. I now have a new partner who I have been with for 4 years. He has coughs it off me ( he was fully informed). The problem is everytime we have sex 3 days later he has a outbreak. I am on famvior daily. He takes it after we have sex. He doesn't have a breakout after he masterbates and doesn't use lube then. It is really becoming a issue in our relationship :(

Is he taking antivirals on a daily basis? How long ago was he infected? If it's pretty new for him, sex may be a trigger for him for a while. This is where it's worth him trying a daily antiviral and using lots of lube. I'm no expert, but I've never heard (on these forums or other sites or books) of people just popping an antiviral after sex.