• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hello all,

I am coming to you guys to get some insight on a situation I'm in. At the beginning of the year I became sexually active with a new partner. Before hand I asked this person if he had ever gotten tested before and this person responded yes and things were good. Moving forward we had sex 3 times but I noticed that this person never really wanted to perform oral sex on me I found it very weird so I asked why he said he just didn't like it but then by the second time we had sex he decided to do it but he was very carful and didn't put his lips on my vagina as I saw he was only using his tongue. Life eventually got busy and we were not having sex anymore but he always said that he had something he wanted to tell me but was scared to so eventually he got the courage to say it and it was that he has hsv-1. I was very understanding I wasn't upset at all but as days went by I felt more and more betrayed and started to do my own research on it and things weren't looking too promising. So I waited about 12 weeks and then went to get my blood test about a week ago my doctor said that the results came back 1 equivocal for hsv1 she didn't show me the results either .. she explained a little but I wasn't really understanding she said it doesn't mean I have it but the way I feel is if you had absolutely no sign of it wouldn't it say 0 ? I've been doing so much research on what a equivocal result means some people say it's neg some say it's doesn't really mean neg or pos I am very afraid and worried about it she said I can test again in 2 months. But what I want to know is even if it does say equivocal does that mean that it can go back to negative or is it only going to go to positive from here on out. I'm trying to find some peace of mind here for the next couple months please help?

Thanks