• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Yeast Infection Then Herpes Outbreak Then Knee Pain

I was diagnosed with herpes about 2 years ago now. Luckily, I've only had 3 outbreaks in that time. The first time being the worst, of course. Except something odd happened with my current outbreak. It started with a yeast infection, which I get a LOT of. Since my immune system was really affected by mono 4 years back, I get yeast infections very often. And by often I mean at least 2 times a month. Anyways, after I took the pill my doctor gives me for my yeast infection, I forget what it's called, I started feeling better. Then a few days later I felt worse, and sure enough, right after my yeast infection, came a herpes outbreak.

So my first question: Does anyone else experience Herpes outbreaks right after a yeast infection sometimes?

Second question: Does anyone experience extreme knee pain during, not before, a Herpes outbreak? How long will this knee pain usually last? And why did I get knee pain this time around?

If it's any help, I'm 23. Thank you in advance!!

I get yeast infections and herpes out breaks simultaneously. For years I thought my herpes symptoms were yeast infections because I had no idea I had HSV! I'm convinced my outbreaks trigger was primarily hormonal. Happily, acyclovir has pretty much stopped outbreaks entirely. Have you ever tried boric acid for the yeast infections?

• 2 weeks later...