• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found I have hsv2.... what now?

I haven't had any symptoms or outbreaks im 19 about to turn 20 and a friend of mine recently got a std check and I figured why not I should get one too. Now I got the test results back and I'm positive for HSV2 with 12.8 igG and now I don't know what to do any suggestions? I've come to peace with it but is there anything I should expect? Any help would be appreciated I'm sort of still in processing mode I guess and I'm just looking for advice.

Hi, @Amar, and welcome. Most people who have HSV2 don't have symptoms (or they're so mild they're mistaken for other things), so you're in good company. In my opinion, one of the best things you can do is to simply educate yourself about herpes, so you understand how it works in the body, what affects transmission and outbreaks, etc. This site is a great place to start, especially with the FAQ links above. Browsing through the forum here you'll also see references to other sites. Happy reading!

@amar hi just educate yourself as much as you can and do anything and everything to try and stay healthy and keep your immune system up, it's ironic how stress can make symptoms occur when this is such a stressful situation watch videos and listen and read on other people's situations and how they've dealt with it all it has made me feel better knowing I'm definitely not alone