• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I don't think I have herpes, what do you think?

From my personal experience I would say no.

48 hours after my exposure I had flu like symptoms, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and lesions from hell.

I'm no expert by any means, they say 80% of people never experience a breakout. From reading your post I would conclude that you don't have it.

Lucky bastard.

<3

Do you remember which type (1 or 2) tested positive and what the index values were? Sometimes a very low index value is indeed a false positive. On the other hand, the IgG misses a significant number of HSV1 cases, so that’s another possible explanation. I’d round up copies of your lab results for a closer look.

Every time I was tested for HSV2 and I don't remember the index values but of course after they originally told me I had it I went crazy and did my research and apparently the IgG test doesn't actually look for the virus it looks for antibodies that attack the virus, I researched someone and something as simple as allergies or an infection can raise antibody numbers. When I went to the doctor not only did I have a sinus infection but I had a yeast infection as well, could that possibly be the culprit?