• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ozone Therapy

This might be a long shot, and I might be falling into a holistic medicine trap (some of which I do believe in), but has anyone tried Ozone therapy (or oxygen therapy)? Or know anything about it? I've read it can possibly reduce symptoms of herpes as well as other viruses and things like yeast, bacteria, etc. And it can also apparently stimulate the immune system and reduce inflammation. There are other claims being made that I don't believe such as curing crazy diseases...

Anyhow, I'm just curious to know if anyone has either tried it or knows anything at all about it. I'm mostly interested for the symptomatic reduction benefits and the other things I mentioned due to other issues.

Is this totally contrived?

Ozone (O3) isn't the same thing as Oxygen (O2), and your body treats each totally differently. I don't know much about microbiology, but there may be some legitimate benefit. However, like many unconventional medical procedures, the longevity of effects, and even effectivity as a whole, may be based on pure speculation, or coincidence.

I wouldn't invest a lot of hope (or money) in it.

If you are looking to suppress symptoms, valacyclovir seems to be the most effective option, along with reducing stress, diet, etc...

Holistic medicine as an idea isn't completely wrong, but often times, benefits are negligible compared to cost. If symptoms are ruining your day, it might be worth it to seek some small measure of relief, however temporary.