• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How to tell him

So I’ve been speaking to this guy for about a month and a bit. We only slept with each other couple

of weeks ago. I was in so much pain after I went to get tested. The nurse said she is certain I have herpes.

Although I haven’t got my results back. The past week with the pain and sores I’m 90% I have too. We are both home for Christmas, we don’t live in the same area. I really get on with him, I really like him. But have no idea how to tell him. I don’t want him to run 100 miles. He is the nicest guy I have meet. He’s 21 and I’m 20. Obviously he needs to get tested. As there is the same chance he could of given it to me as I could of to him. How do I tell him or put it across that he’ll be understanding, I want to do this face to face. So it’ll be in couple weeks when we get back to university but as soon as I can. We have such good chemistry and get on so well, I don’t want him to stop speaking to me. Please help and give me advise.

I would first see if the blood test is gonna come back negative indicating a new infection and see That it was him that gave it to you , because it will be 2 different conversations you could have with him, then that I would wait and see if you have the antibodies for it then see him face to face and tell him because you don't want to have these type of conversations over text or phones it's best to make them feel comfortable in person and let him know you might have exposed him to it