• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Risk of passing on herpes

Hi guys,

I really need some advice as Just been to see my doctor and she has pretty much told me that I can never have sex again without putting my bf at risk.

He has me and pots and ethos dalthers. We are worried about me passing it to Him and Him getting really ill. He has previously been wheel chair bound and unable to move when he has flair ups.

I really need some advice please

Help

I believe you mean POTS and Ehlers-Danlos. I'm sorry to hear that.

Has he been tested for HSV?

Personally, my approach is to allow others to manage their own risk. Thinking back on my life and intimate partners, I would not have wanted any of them to opt out of intimacy for what they might have considered my own good. Considering roughly 80% of adults have HSV, I would've missed out on a lot of great experiences.

If he does not yet have whichever type of HSV you have and you decide to move forward, options to reduce risk of transmission include taking daily antivirals and avoiding sex during outbreaks.

Thankyou, I’m not sure if they test for it in the uk.

When I tried to get diagnosed the first time, I was told that I ad to have a weeping outbreak to swan. Second time it was just a lesion, and then a proper diagnosis.

I’m also confused about how I can pass it on if if I get oral from my partner?