• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Finally disclose my HSV2 status to my sex partner..

After disclosure , I would like to share some of my feelings.

I have been diagnosed since 2016

It has been 2 years and I haven’t experienced any outbreaks.

The biggest change in my life is I don’t have (or I refused to )sex anymore since I got Genital HSV2.

I don’t want anyone to suffer from what I am suffering. Also no sex means I don’t need to disclose my status.

However, my ex sex partner ( not the one who infected me )came back to me recently and we haven’t contact for 2 years. He contacted me for casual sex as we did before. He kept pushing me to have sex with him and I kept finding excuses.

Two days ago we met for drinks and we kissed we touched but I didn’t allow him to get inside me. And he texted me today and kept asking me why I am not having sex with him. Or did I lost interest in him already.

He was pushing me so hard I can’t help but to disclose him my status.

All I want is to protect him from this disease.

I cannot put him at the risk even I am on daily suppressive Valaciclovir and we use condoms every time.

I told him I had Herpes and surprisingly he didn’t block me right away and he kept asking me my health status. I can see he tried to express his caring and thankfulness as I being honest with him.

Although there is no negative reaction from my partner , I feel so relieved that I don’t need to find stupid excuses to reject him. Also, I noticed that sex is already out of my life. Normal guys won’t accept a gal with STD.

Anyone can share their experience on disclosing HSV status to partners?

• 5 months later...

Hi Sorry to hear your situation.
I understand it is a painful & shocking thing to find you out you have HSV2 & can take some time to overcome
but also you need to live life to the full, be loved & enjoy intimacy.

First thing I will say though, maybe it is a good thing you & your ex sex partner don't hook up, unless there are feelings between you
& you want to get together. Just sounds like he wants sex though!

Don't ever believe that normal guys wont accept a girl with an STD, because if you get to know the person, some people
can look way beyond that, some can't, but hey that's their loss!
We are not a disease, we are human beings who deserve to love & be loved just the same as any other, we are not dirty & you have got to
to believe that. 

We've all been there, I recently lost who I thought was that special one after disclosure, strangely she slept with me on two separate occasions after I told her before slowly turning colder towards me & stopping wanting to meet me. She stayed in contact with me for 2 & half months by texting & occasional phone calls, telling me she missed me,wanted to see me & how much she cared, until (I'm guessing) she found someone herpes free & decided she didn't want to talk to me anymore.
It hurts like crazy but it will never make me give up!