• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

PLEASE HELP ME - EXTREME PAIN IN TESTICLES

I currently haven't been diagnosed with genital Herpes although I'm almost certain that I do. Six weeks after unprotected sex with a female I experienced some pain whilst peeing and yellow discharge. I went to the clinic and was tested to which the results for you routine tests were negative. Following that I developed a cold sore on my chin (I'd never had one before) so visited my GP and was immediately put on Acyclovir, i never had an outbreak but tingling on the tip of my penis.

Fast forward a month and I'd thought little of it, until I had a small ulcer develop on the tip of my penis, it was very small in size and has disappeared within 5 days, I did get it swabbed so waiting for the results of that test. I can handle having herpes but what I cant handle is the pain I'm currently having.

3 days after the ulcer formed I experienced some pain in the back of my left calf, almost like a sunburn pain. This has then spread to my testicles which is causing a severe numbing pain which is pretty unbearable. I've read up on Post Herpetic Neuralgia and seen that it can take months to years to get rid of. I can't imagine living my life with this pain and I just can't seem to function or continue at the moment. It's been about two days since having it.

- My question really is has anyone had experience in post herpetic neuralgia

- If so how long did it take to disappear?

The pain is awful and reading that nothing can really be done to address it is heartbreaking for me at the moment.

I need some help

I am sorry you are in this pain. I wish I could help you but I never had any of those symptoms so I never researched it. I do know that it gets much much better as time passes (breakouts), I have had it since 1997 or so and I rarely even break out after leaving a very stressful job in 2016. I have had only 1 in 2 years. I just wanted to comment and tell you I hope you can find some answers on this.