• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My first disclosure talk...

Was a success. I was with the person I contracted hsv1 from for 5 years. We broke up almost a year ago. I have avoided situations where things could get intimate because I didn’t want to have to tell people, like I’ve been tainted. Recently, I have been talking to someone who I have known for years and things have gotten really intense. So I decided I would have to have the talk with him. Because I want to be 100% open and honest with this person. And I told him everything. And he asked questions and was very open and mature. He wasn’t grossed out. Doesn’t think I’m tainted. He said he’s not going anywhere. And I have never been more relieved. I also told some close friends as well. And they were so accepting and wonderful. I decided not to let myself be stigmatized but other people’s ill-informed views. And I feel on top of the world. This diagnosis doesn’t often make me feel abyhtibg but sad and angry at my body. But today I feel okay. And that makes me feel hopeful.