• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Long term girlfriend negative while I'm positive?

I was with my girlfriend for over a year and only have had unprotected sex with her. She's been away for a 5 months so we've not had sex for a while. After shaving I had two sores come up so got them checked at a clinic and the test came back positive for hsv 2. My girlfriend was tested and her results came back negative. She is sure I must have been unfaithful while she was away but that isn't true. How is it possible we could have so much unprotected sex and she has not been infected? Any help would be greatly appreciated

It is totally possible to have HSV and not know it.

Even people like my current girlfriend, who got tested for " everything" can be unaware because sometimes the medical community does actually test for HSV when you ask for "everything".

You have a lot of tough things to handle, and the suspicion of unfaithfulness can be overcome with effective communication and displaying integrity in all things. She will see through your actions lining up with your words, that you are being truthful. Then, she can start providing the kind of empathy and support you need.