• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do I have herpes and when will it go away?

In March of this year I had what I believe to have been my first OB. Although I did not notice any blisters beforehand, I was confronted one day with immense pain on the glands of my penis. I noticed what looked like a bunch of small, round cuts. These healed and I brushed it off as some sort of rash (I had been swimming in the ocean that day), but a few weeks later I began to feel itchy in a spot just under my gland. Since then (it has been about 3 months so far) I have had small bumps all over my genitals (on the shaft and glands of my penis, as well as on my scrotum and anus area). Generally it is not painful, although occasionally the bumps on the glands hurt a little bit or feel itchy. There is some redness as well.

So, I'm wondering: is this herpes? And if so, will it ever go away (what I mean is, will the blisters ever break open and heal)? Is it bad or unusual to have symptoms for months without the blisters breaking open? Is there anything I can do to stop the outbreak now? I plan to go to the doctor soon, but am looking for some help/tips before that time comes.

Well, it's impossible to diagnos a medical condition over the internet, especially for people who are doctors.

I know the uncertainty and waiting is probably less than thrilling, but you really should do your best to carry forward with your life either way.

If you end up needing a place to vent, or people to reach out to, we will be here for you.