• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Knowingly infected with hsv2, still (again) very sick 7 months later

This is my first time here and I don’t know how this site works yet but I would appreciate input about severe recurrences that include nausea, vomiting and particularly piercing headaches.  I was knowingly infected and later raped by the man I had thought I would marry.  He is under investigation for the rape and is under a restraining order that he seems to like to tempt, so there is no shortage of stressors and triggers.  I have sexual trauma advocates and a lawyer I trust, but my health is erratic and I don’t know who to ask about herpes.  I am on suppressive doses and have gotten pain injection or IV, but I still feel like the path of my illness is unusual.  Does anyone experience prolonged nausea, vomiting, weakness, headaches, intolerance of light, strange weeping or snappish spells with outbreaks? Or with Valtrex?  I have a history of cancer so I have assumed that contributes to my reaction to the virus, but I would appreciate anything you can share about how long and how severe your first months/years were.  

And thank you to all of you who choose to communicate and be truthful about your experiences.  I did not realize until I started to write this that I would be afraid that my assailant could be on this site too—I thought of him as I read long threads about whether it’s really necessary to inform partners.  This has changed my life, my kids, my work and my health.  I would’ve liked to have a say in the decision to be exposed.