• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How contagious am i? Feeling tainted.

I found out I have HSV1 a few months ago. I'm very lucky in that I've never had an OB or any symptoms. (A former partner advised me to get tested because he felt guilty for not disclosing to me. Blood test came back positive for HSV1 but negative for HSV2.) Unfortunately I'm still struggling to come to terms with it. It's my understanding that I'm contagious even without an OB. How careful do I have to be? I've completely stopped sharing drinks and Chapstick with anyone. Am I going overboard?

Also, the ex-partner who infected me keeps texting wanting to be friends. I've told him I'm not ready to talk to him. Am I overreacting?

Looking for guidance. I know my situation is WAY easier than some others so I really have nothing to complain about.

I have hsv2 and was recently diagnosed. I actually asked my doctor the same and he got back to me that yes i can spread it even without an OB. My doctor suggested if i start a relationship i should go on meds to lower the chances of spreading it to my partner. So i would ask your doctor but it seems wise to not share drinks, chapstick etc. Im simply relaying what mine told me.

As for your ex partner wanting to be freinds....only you know the story and history to this but in my opinion freinds dont lie or put themselves before someone elses life and health for selfish gain. He knowingly (according to your post) gave this to you so you either need to move on to healthier relationship/freindships or accept the freindship he's presented to you which seems toxic. Ultimately its not an overreaction on your part and if he cant respect you needing time you may want to block his number.

Hope this helped🙂

• Thanks 1