• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

UK NHS diagnosis problems

Hi, just after some advice really. I met the girl of my dreams a few years back we stayed friends for years she went and joined navy had a partner through that time that gave her herpes. We met up drinks got flowing one thing left to another we ended up sleeping together without protection my bad as well as hers. The phrase ‘at this point I knew I’d fucked up’ probably doesn’t do it justice. We carried on seeing each other for a couple of months then she told me she had herpes by this point I’d already took risks I thought I may have just been lucky and decided to use protection carry on. I’m really understanding around health and was the perfect person you can imagine disclosing too. 

Anyway since as time went on she went back to her ex that gave her herpes which hurt so we split up. 

About three months after we split started with blister like marks on my penis. Went to STD clinic did a full panel test clear for everything told them my ex had herpes but they did nothing to swab even though I told them showed where the small marks were. The NHS in the UK won’t do blood test and our charity for advice actively discourage it due to false negatives. I’m just a bit of a loss what to exactly do now. I have seen 6 different experts at the clinic and they told me to go to my gp to run other tests. Told them all about the situation. I have noticed if I eat badly marks appears or I masturbate daily but the doctors say it looks nothing like herpes, I’m pretty sure it is I’m prepared for the bad news and I’m going to smash it either way. 

Has anyone had this situation before and do you have any advice? 

My next step is to ask to be referred to NHS to urology. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, 

• 4 weeks later...