• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Left leg pain

Hello all,

I was recently diagnosed back in October, I get the horrible flu like symptoms every time, it comes on all at once. But I woke up today with a horrible start to an outbreak, my left leg is having shooting pains throughout, I’ve heard it was common. What’s your experience with it? What is the best way to calm the pain, I’m also 7 weeks pregnant.  I’m super exhausted & I’m just at a loss, I’ve had outbreaks off & on since being diagnosed. I was on the daily 1 gram but for some reason not really explained, they  took me off and just gave me a supply for when I have outbreaks. 

Thank you..sorry it’s kind of a wide variety of questions I’m new to this. 

Well I am new to all this as I was just diagnosed this past week but the leg pain was where mine started and in my buttocks. My pain was in my right leg not my left like many say accompanied their ob. I sure hope you feel better. I had singles at 17 and I thought that was the worst ever till this happened. 

• Thanks 1

Hi.

Just to say...... as i understand it the hs2 virus lives in the nerves of the lower back area and can affect anywhere in that region down to upper legs, so not just genitalia. 

On my first outbreak 8 years ago, I felt I was peeing glass for about 3 days or so. Incredibly painfull..... was given Acyclovir 3 times a day I believe. eventually it worked...... hardly ever taken it since that time. 

Tbh at the time I was relieved that I only had herpes, it could of been worse than that. 

Its not a nice situation. Well you know shingles is one of the 5 herpes viruses chicken pox, glandular fever, hsv-1, hsv-2.

So stress can be one of the main triggers. So easier said than done. But once it calms down. It can be put into perspective......It would not stop me seeing a woman if she had this.

Stigma, pride, ego.....it all gets in the way. 

Eat well to keep your immune system up, just as anyone should, regardless. 

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

@Paysage1 thanks for the feedback. It has sure been an emotional roller coaster the last three days. Like you I also had the excruciating pain while urinating and the leg pain. In fact when my doctor wanted to test me My first response was I do not have any sores or discharge. She said well let’s jjsf be positive. So not everyone gets that blister or sees the signs that is taught to all of us when learning about STD’s. My doctor waited almost a week to treat me so I don’t think I have seen the magic of the antiviral they have given me because I am still in pain after three days of being on the meds. I never had the pain from the sores just like a little raw spot.

21 hours ago, Paysage1 said:

Hi.

Just to say...... as i understand it the hs2 virus lives in the nerves of the lower back area and can affect anywhere in that region down to upper legs, so not just genitalia. 

On my first outbreak 8 years ago, I felt I was peeing glass for about 3 days or so. Incredibly painfull..... was given Acyclovir 3 times a day I believe. eventually it worked...... hardly ever taken it since that time. 

Tbh at the time I was relieved that I only had herpes, it could of been worse than that. 

Its not a nice situation. Well you know shingles is one of the 5 herpes viruses chicken pox, glandular fever, hsv-1, hsv-2.

So stress can be one of the main triggers. So easier said than done. But once it calms down. It can be put into perspective......It would not stop me seeing a woman if she had this.

Stigma, pride, ego.....it all gets in the way. 

Eat well to keep your immune system up, just as anyone should, regardless. 

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, soconfusednc said:

@Paysage1 thanks for the feedback. It has sure been an emotional roller coaster the last three days. Like you I also had the excruciating pain while urinating and the leg pain. In fact when my doctor wanted to test me My first response was I do not have any sores or discharge. She said well let’s jjsf be positive. So not everyone gets that blister or sees the signs that is taught to all of us when learning about STD’s. My doctor waited almost a week to treat me so I don’t think I have seen the magic of the antiviral they have given me because I am still in pain after three days of being on the meds. I never had the pain from the sores just like a little raw spot.

Thank you both for the feedback. Hoping it clears up soon! 

It certainly is quite excruciating, even just a brush of my hand would send pain throughout, it’s finally subsided. 

The OB lesions & flu like symptoms hit me like a train, it’s quite difficult to bring myself to go into work. I usually sleep a lot more & have no energy. The virus has taken a toll on me it feels like.