• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV1 and sex

Noticed symptoms sept 23. Diagnosed with genital hsv1 sept 26. Started 1g of valtrex twice a day for 10 days now I’m on acyclovir 400mg twice a day every day. 

I have one big dry spot from outbreak and possibly 2 new or healing ones and some tingling. Doesn’t hurt or itch too much.

but my question is when can I have sex again? I physically can see them healing so I know to wait but do you guys think I’ll be able to have sex in November? Will I wake it up? I’m too scared to shave or do anything. 

as far as I understand. all lesions or sores have to be 100 percent gone. there is also "shedding" of the virus so use protection. I assume you have a SO to whom you would like this activity to occur with since singles with this disease do not seem as certain of sex.  Disclosure,  condoms, and anti virals to reduce chance of spreading