• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV in throat! HELP

Hi all,

About 10 weeks ago I did an oral sex on a guy. I had initial outbreak (not sure) two weeks after the incident but it was very mild. I had a weird feeling in my throat since then, dry, scratchy, feeling like cotton is there :D.  On the 8th week I had a major outbreak, lymph nodes under my mouth was swollen with four sores inside my mouth and a couple in my throat. I went to get them swabbed, positive for throat and negative for mouth. They didn't check the type of the virus though 😞. I had HSV-1 from my childhood so most likely what I have in throat is HSV-2. Doctor prescribed me Valtrex. Pain and swelling was gone in two days but still I have that weird feeling in throat. 

Has anyone experienced HSV-2 in throat? How many outbreaks did you get? 

HSV in throat seems isn't very common. But if you experienced it, you should boost your immune system to reduce outbreaks. Besides taking Valtrex, it's important to strengthen your immunity by getting enough nutrients. However, HSV in throat may cause difficulties to eat, so you should take small bites of food and drink more water. Also, avoid foods and drinks that cause irritation in your throat. 

52 minutes ago, imkeewa said:

HSV in throat seems isn't very common. But if you experienced it, you should boost your immune system to reduce outbreaks. Besides taking Valtrex, it's important to strengthen your immunity by getting enough nutrients. However, HSV in throat may cause difficulties to eat, so you should take small bites of food and drink more water. Also, avoid foods and drinks that cause irritation in your throat. 

It doesn't cause me any problem while I eat or swallow. My throat is always scratchy and dry with a feeling of having cotton in throat. The dryness and problems behind uvula where food usually doesn't touch. I am drinking 4~5 liters of water a day because of Valtrex. 

• Like 1