• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Very Painful Lower Back Pain

Hi everyone, 

It's been awhile since I have been on here, feels like I am now visiting an old friend. Back in August of 16 the guy I was with gave me Herpes, I am not sure which strain but if I had to guess it''s HSV2. Up until a couple months ago I was with said guy, and decided to break up with him. For me this was terrifying because I was mortified of having to tell anyone of my herpes. Well, fast forward to now I have met a guy who I did end up disclosing to, which was successful! I don't want to get too into details but we had sex and a few days later I noticed in my genital area (female by the way) where my lymph nodes are was kind of sore, but no lumps. When I had my very first outbreak I had swollen lymph nodes. Now that pain has subsided but my lower back/right on top of my butt is very sensitive and hurts. This has been feeling this way since Friday. Everything else downstairs seems normal though. I guess I am just very paranoid if this is some kind of symptom of reoccurring herpes? I  haven't had an outbreak in a very long time since I am on suppressive treatment. So this symptom is very new to me. My upper back hurts as well but that is normal. I just want to be very cautious because I told this guy I had herpes, and he doesn't, and I would hate myself if I ended up giving it to him. The lower back pain doesn't seem to be subsiding and I do not want to have sex again until I am sure it's not a sign of herpes.

You don't know which HSV you have?  But your guessing it's HSV-2, based on what?  Go to a doctor and get tested.  Unless you're tested, you don't know for sure what you have.  However, back pain can come from a variety of conditions.  Please go get medical advice from a doctor, not an online forum.