• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes in mouth, on lips on genitals

Hi

I was trying to understand if it may be possible to contract herpes on both your mouth and your genitals. (even possibly in the throat)

Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to perform oral on a female (who knowingly or unknowingly had herpes) and then immediately proceed to have intercourse. Could the said person contract herpes HSV2 in both oral and genital form?

**Side question, since oral sex was performed first is it reasonable to suspect that oral herpes may of been contracted first?

***Could HSV 2 oral cause pain in the groin or gentles such as discomfort or pelvic pain? 

****Would pains and continue for weeks on end upwards of 60+ days since exposure?

As rayofsunshine said, yes, you can get HSV-1 both orally and genitally (though it's somewhat rarer to get it genitally it does happen, I have it this way), and yes, you can also get HSV-2 in both places (though it's somewhat rarer to get it orally, it does happen). 

You will want to get a sore from each area tested to get confirmation of the virus type, the earlier you can swab a sore the better for conclusive results, otherwise the swab may not catch the virus and show negative even though you carry it. Talk to your doctor to arrange to have the ability to come in immediately at the signs of new sores for swabbing or use an urgent care facility, you won't have time to wait a few days for an appointment. If you are not producing new sores you can try IgG blood testing once it has been 3 months or longer (as long as you haven't been on continuous antivirals, which slow the formation of antibodies), this will confirm the establishment of antibodies for the hsv-2 virus BUT blood tests miss 30% of hsv-1 cases, so it's not good for confirming HSV-1 (ask me how I know). IgM testing is still sometimes used, but it's not a good test so insist on the IgG.

It would be good for you to get some testing done so you know what you are dealing with.