• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Have not posted in nearly four months, and indeed there was be a brighter day.

KV63

Back in April I contracted the "H'. For months I felt so lost and confused and basically wounded. With the help of my family and dear friends, four months later,slowly but surely I am dancing to a different tune. I will be a testament to let those who felt the way I did, time heals all wounds, no pun intended. If anything, this was somewhat of a strange blessing in disguise for me to re-evaluate my life. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I felt as if I was on top of the world and nothing could touch me and then this came into my life and I realized I am human and it could have been worse. We do not have a death sentence, we are fine and healthy except for the irritation here and there and I will tell you it gets better. I have learned through this attitude is EVERYTHING. POSITIVITY is everything, to keep MY EMOTIONS on check is EVERYTHING. I do believe now for sure the phrase "after night, must come day." I have my days but then I snap myself back into reality and see that I am still me, this has affected me more psychologically, and in the end we control our thoughts. Anyway, have hope, I decided to go back to school, delete people who honestly brought me stress and it pushed me to make some major chances and to pamper myself, to love myself. I find it so ironic, but I guess everyone who has a difficult experience always says they came out better, and you WILL.

For the women here dealing with intense itchiness, I will tell you go and see your gynecologist. For three months I suffered with intense horrible itching, specially at night. I made the biggest mistake of thinking it was due to the herpes. It was actually a yeast infection and Bacterial Vaginitis. My immune system was fighting one infection already it couldn't really help much in other areas. My doctor said this is common for women with Herpes. Please see your gyno, every itch is not due to the "H". I will say having that issue corrected has helped me so MUCH, since I know one of the worst feelings is the itchiness and irritation. Take care of yourself, love yourself, treat yourself well, and live as relaxed and as peacefully as possible, it's not selfish and it is not wrong.

Peace and love.

This is beautiful, KV63. This is yet another example of proof of breaking free from the chains of shame and waking up into your life. Suffering with herpes shame is much like a horrible nightmare for many people. Then at some point during the nightmare, you find that you are able to dream lucidly. Then you pop out of the dream and are able to see it for what it is: Your imagination.

Thank you for sharing yourself as another success story! I'm so glad you found your opportunity and are enjoying your life. That's what it's all about. Stop suffering. Start living. Loving it. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: