• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV1 and HSV2

A few weeks ago I had an outbreak, I went to my Dr. got tested blood test came back positive with HSV1 and HSV2. According to the blood work I’ve been exposed to both over 90 days but I had experienced my OB (genital) a few weeks ago. My symptoms were very mild but I knew something was wrong when I first experienced it. I’ve been with my current partner on and off for years, we are waiting for his results. He has never experienced symptoms and I know it can remain dormant and some people experience no symptoms at all. I’ve been so confused and I am having a hard time coping with this. Me and my partner are just “friends” and our relationship isn’t going anywhere serious. I’m worried that moving forward no one is going to accept this, I know I wouldn’t want to risk contracting this if someone disclosed their status to me. So why should I expect that someone else will? I’ve cried just about everyday since this happened. I have no one to really talk to my friend don’t know what to say when I talked about. I’ve been so depressed, I feel like I’ve been in mourning. My sex life feels like it’s over. I have no desire to socialize, and I feel alone. I just want to feel better. I feel undesirable and my confidence is at an all time low. I’m just not sure how to move forward knowing that I have this. I research this day and night I feel like I’m going crazy 😞

Hey ! We have all been through this and please trust me when I say it does pass and you will regain your confidence and realise you didn't do anything to deserve this . We are all human , and we all have sex . This doesn't make you tainted or dirty. My friend said to me the other day she has decided to refuse to feel ashamed of her body doing things she didn't give it permission to do . I thought that was pretty smart , and have tried to think the same way . Are you male or female ? There are so many people out there who this won't be an issue for , don't worry . People poke fun at herpes , but that's only because they are projecting it away from themselves , or they are uneducated on the topic. When you meet someone you really click with ,they will be willing to educate themselves on the subject which will make it less scary , and there is a possibility they will have it too . This is not the end of the world . At the beginning , when I was also going through the mourning /depressed phase , what really helped was watching videos of people who had the worst lives ever.. haha. As terrible as it sounds , when you watch a documentary on someone born with no eyes , one arm , and a giant tumor protruding from their head , and they are super positive and living life to the fullest .. it helps put things into perspective. Picture yourself on your death bed , looking back on life when you are 90 , wishing you didn't let things like this get in the way . Obviously you need some time to be sad , and that's okay , but don't forget there are SO many people dealing with this , you are not alone . Feel free to pm me of you need to talk ♥️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Worriedgal89 said:

Hey ! We have all been through this and please trust me when I say it does pass and you will regain your confidence and realise you didn't do anything to deserve this . We are all human , and we all have sex . This doesn't make you tainted or dirty. My friend said to me the other day she has decided to refuse to feel ashamed of her body doing things she didn't give it permission to do . I thought that was pretty smart , and have tried to think the same way . Are you male or female ? There are so many people out there who this won't be an issue for , don't worry . People poke fun at herpes , but that's only because they are projecting it away from themselves , or they are uneducated on the topic. When you meet someone you really click with ,they will be willing to educate themselves on the subject which will make it less scary , and there is a possibility they will have it too . This is not the end of the world . At the beginning , when I was also going through the mourning /depressed phase , what really helped was watching videos of people who had the worst lives ever.. haha. As terrible as it sounds , when you watch a documentary on someone born with no eyes , one arm , and a giant tumor protruding from their head , and they are super positive and living life to the fullest .. it helps put things into perspective. Picture yourself on your death bed , looking back on life when you are 90 , wishing you didn't let things like this get in the way . Obviously you need some time to be sad , and that's okay , but don't forget there are SO many people dealing with this , you are not alone . Feel free to pm me of you need to talk ♥️

Thank you so much for taking the time to to reply, I’m a female btw...  I know it’s not the end of the world it’s just a major inconvenience. Ive always been a very emotional person and finding out I’m positive has impacted me tremendously. I will go through the motions and will pick myself back up. I’m just afraid about the future. Btw how do I pm you? I’d love to chat, I really would like to connect with people that understand what I’m going through right now. Thanks again, you’re words are appreciated