• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

For anyone with constant daily irritation and itching

So I posted on here a while back about how confused I was about having a hsv 1 + blood test and negative hsv2 . I have had constant problems daily on my labia for over ten years , getting worse in the past 5. I have seen countless doctors and just accepted that it must be herpes and my body must have something wrong with it where it can't fight it . I had every test under the moon and tried everything . Living with a raw vagina for 10 years does a number on your mental health and relationship . Yesterday I went to discuss getting my tubes tied with a new gyno and mentioned this to her , she said she would take a quick look . She immediately said it looks like lichen schlerosis and half my inner labias are gone (which I somehow didn't notice until later looking that day and being astonished) . I don't have the typical white coloring of lichen as I am still early in the progression luckily . But I wanted to put this out there as an option to look into for the people that had responded to my original post . I used the steroid cream she gave me last night and my vagina hasn't felt this good for a decade. If you have cuts , itching , irritation, redness , pain during sex , and raw patches this could be your problem, if you have white areas of thin skin down there this is even more likely but as I said this doesn't have to be the case !  . It can also cause blisters so at this point I'm not even sure if I have genital herpes or not . I thought I would post this so that it might help one or two people . Also ask your doctor about low estrogen if you have this issue. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Could i have this from.a kiss....i too have tested negative with type specific IGG . I cannot do a western blot in Canada....I have almost given up.....my nerves crawl tingle burn itch sting all along the trigenmenial nerves and all along top of lip ..daily....no outbreaks but raided blemishes that dont break...pressure 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2019 at 6:43 PM, Worriedgal89 said:

So I posted on here a while back about how confused I was about having a hsv 1 + blood test and negative hsv2 . I have had constant problems daily on my labia for over ten years , getting worse in the past 5. I have seen countless doctors and just accepted that it must be herpes and my body must have something wrong with it where it can't fight it . I had every test under the moon and tried everything . Living with a raw vagina for 10 years does a number on your mental health and relationship . Yesterday I went to discuss getting my tubes tied with a new gyno and mentioned this to her , she said she would take a quick look . She immediately said it looks like lichen schlerosis and half my inner labias are gone (which I somehow didn't notice until later looking that day and being astonished) . I don't have the typical white coloring of lichen as I am still early in the progression luckily . But I wanted to put this out there as an option to look into for the people that had responded to my original post . I used the steroid cream she gave me last night and my vagina hasn't felt this good for a decade. If you have cuts , itching , irritation, redness , pain during sex , and raw patches this could be your problem, if you have white areas of thin skin down there this is even more likely but as I said this doesn't have to be the case !  . It can also cause blisters so at this point I'm not even sure if I have genital herpes or not . I thought I would post this so that it might help one or two people . Also ask your doctor about low estrogen if you have this issue. 

Thank you for posting this! I've had very similar symptoms in my genital region for many years (I'm a guy), I've gone to countless doctors and no one has been able to help. I've tried steroid cream but it did not helpk, but I'll go back to a doctor and ask about lichen schlerosis. When you have no visible symptoms it seems that doctors don't take you seriously which really makes me mad.

Did the steroid cream help? Do you still have itching and irritation?