• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genial HSV1

I want to share my story and help raise awareness that genital HSV1 is on the rise. It is just as painful and heartbreaking as HSV2 and is being so easily spread by people who don't even realize they're about to get a fever blister and give oral sex. I understand everyone here has already been diagnosed with HSV but you can still share with your friends/family to always be aware of any possible red flags before being intimate with someone.

Being in a monogamous relationship for 4 years I never expected to contract any type of STD. I always knew my boyfriend got fever blisters occasionally but without him even having a "real" breakout, what he thought was just chapped/cracked lips was actually a breakout which is how I contracted genital HSV1. 

note: I am a woman

Me and my significant other were together a yr before i contracted hsv 1 in 2017. I usually have a OB once a yr. This is the first time i had a OB on my mouth. Its hard not to get depressed when the OB happen but its nice to have someone who still loves me when i cant love myself