• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Western blot confirmation test advice

I received a titer for the IGG test of 1.2 for HSV2 a couple weeks ago. My last sexual encounter was 6 weeks prior to the test however chance of exposure then and during any other encounter before then are very low. (The man I was having sex with for the past year and a half came back clean and the other four sexual encounters I’ve had since then have all been with protection) I also already have hsv 1 and have for over fifteen years (since I was a toddler). What are the odds that the western blot test I ordered for confirmation will indicate the IGG was a false positive if anyone has an comments they can offer or examples of their experience with the western blot and false positives? 

With a low positive it may be a false pos but I'd wait atleast the 12 to 16 weeks before doing the western blot. I actually did it a few times. I only say wait because you'll wonder if it was a false neg, like me I ended up doing it again at 1 year mark and had the same neg result. Basically the recommend to wait 12 weeks. Best of luck to you. When was the last time u tested for a base line test before that low pos.