• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Did I Give it to her or did she give it to me

I had sex with a girl on a Thursday night. Sunday morning I had bumps for the first ever. She claims her bumps started on Saturday morning, 36 hours after we had sex. 

I had unprotected sex with another girl a few days earlier. She had no signs of herpes. 

Did the girl I had sex with on Thursday give me herpes or did I give her herpes? 

Impossible to know for sure, unfortunately based on such a short timeline. If you were trying to figure out if you already got herpes way earlier, then what you could do is get a western blot (much more accurate and not prone to the false negatives/positives of IgG tests). If the results already show you have established antibody levels, then it would be safe to assume it’s not a new infection. (It takes a good 3 months for the body to build up antibody levels to be detectable on a test though.)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: