• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not sure how to interpret my results

Hello everyone.. I was diagnosed with HSV2 back in October from a standard STD test given to me by my regular physician, and I am still struggling with how to deal with it. 
By the time I found out I had been with my steady boyfriend for a year already (who was clean of all diseases when we met & I thought I was clean as well) I had slept with one person in between my last relationship & my current boyfriend. I had used protection, but I am certain that he had to be the person who gave it to me, somehow. 

When I created a timeline I realized I had to have had the virus for at least a year before learning my positive status. It has taken a toll on both me and my boyfriend, but he has been very supportive and has not placed any blame on me, yet I still feel guilty.

After finding out my status I did some research and found out that the CDC does not recommend for herpes blood tests as they often prove to be unreliable and false positives can lead to mental & emotional stress on the individual (as it is doing to me) Every time I feel a slight tingle in my vagina I swear it’s an outbreak & begin to panic (but it never happens) 

I also think it is important to mention that my boyfriend got his blood tested but his doctor never called with the results because he said “no news will be good news” Is it possible that my test is wrong? How would I go about getting a more accurate test done so that I can know for sure? 

• 2 weeks later...

Test again! Look into a Western Blot test if you get another positive from a regular blood test, or right away ir you can afford it. There is a reason the CDC doesnt recommend testing and you are living it now. 

That's great your boyfriend isnt upset. Does he know you think it might be a false positive? 

Hi, thanks for your opinion! I have definitely already read up on the Western Blot & I am just waiting to see my doctor so that I can discuss it with him as well. 
My boyfriend is super understanding & he definitely agrees that it is possible that my result is a false positive. But we have also discussed the possibility that it comes out positive again, and we are both at peace with that. 
Thank you again, & I will keep this post updated with my journey