• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hsv genital to mouth transmission

Hello all! I was diagnosed with HSVg (not sure what strain) and I was wondering what the transmission rates are from genitals to oral. I’m afraid I might have passed it on but I’m not sure, he was diagnosed with chlamydia and did not do a swab test. I feel horrible and don’t know what to do. 

what are the typical symptoms when you have your first initial ob with oral hsv? 

I don’t believe they have actual data on the transmissions rates from genital to oral. It is important for you to find out which strain you have though. Hsv1 Prefers oral and is harder to transmit sexually. Hsv2 prefers the genital area and is extremely rare to transmit orally, but not impossible.