• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Don’t give up. Don’t be afraid to disclose.

Back story ; my ex husband exposed me to it while I was pregnant. The test results wasn’t positive until 6 months later. I became extremely depressed I felt like the only one. 2 doctors explained it two different ways so I was so confused . I stopped eating and started to drop weight. I sat my ex husband down 3xs to talk about my new results . He wanted to avoid the conversation. The last talk he actually asked me,” do I really have that”. He tried to flip it on me. But he knew.. everyone around us knew he was cheating & living a double life. My son and I was like a secret. Once his cheating came to the light it was easy to put 2&2. Together. he continued to have sex with other women infecting then also without a care in the world . 
present: I met someone new who wasn’t on the positive singles dating page. My one year anniversary of getting exposed has just past. I don’t know rather to say yay or nay. I sat the new SO down when things started to get a little hot and touchy . I was super nervous. Heart was beating fast. I explained everything. In the back of my head I just knew he was going to freak out and we weren’t going to be able to take it further. He’s a medical student so he knew more about it than I researched. He told me that he got me and don’t let it define me. Called me beautiful & he respected me more for talking to him about it. One thing led to the next . Happily ever after. I wanted to let anyone that’s down from this know. That you’re not alone ! Real love is out there ! You can still have an amazing sex /dating life. I recommend that you have the courage to disclose it. If you’re scared of talking to “ negative “ “ clean “ people make a profile on positive singles and have some fun.! Connect with people who’s like yourself. God bless & keep y’all head up.

It's great that you met someone wonderful after your ex made you go through all that stress

Thanks for sharing your story it's quiet encouraging and it's good to know we can still find love Inspite of our hsv status