• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So scared for my children

Hi, so I am just waiting for my results to come bk but the Dr is certain I have the virus. I have read pretty much everything on the Internet, cried, felt sorry for myself and blamed myself for being irresponsible and stupid.
But my question is, if anyone can help: at the minute I am not thinking about my future love life but I am worried if this illness can effect my children or can I be poorly in any other way than ob?
I am a single mum and I need to be there for my kids. I feel like I am failing them

Not sure what kind of symptoms you were having for your Dr. to be certain but don't let the anxiety of the results ruffle you up. Granted the results do come back positive, unless your kids had complications from your disease from birth, they should be ok. If you were taking care of them well before just keep taking care of them. Being that being in a relationship is the least of your worries which is usually the biggest worry from those with this virus (disclosing) I think your off to a good start.

Thank you @Malibu31I have the sores and pain and now the discharge sorry tmi.

My kids are 7 and 10 and it doesn't look like I have had the virus for long. I just worry about caring for them and being the best mum I can be. I feel really guilty. 

I am constantly stressed and I worry that I will always have the obs. I know I probably look at the worse case scenario but I have always been a bit of a pessimistic (my ex husband used to call me eeyore)