• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My herpetic whitlow became GHSV1 and I am on my 2nd Outbreak after 2.5 yrs

Hi All

I wanted to share and update on my story as hopefully it can help others.

I have had herpetic whitlow for over 4 yrs, I have no idea how I got it but I dare to think it was while I was working out sharing towels touching hands at the gym etc, I mean who knows and it doesn't matter now.  Well after all this time I am able to say  that on one night while I was away on vacay my BF and I messed around over the Webcam and I played with my self with my herpetic whitlow finger, (I never knew it was herpes on my finger) and I spread it on my Genitals, and it was definitely localized to one specific area I touch 😢 .. well My first outbreak was 2.5 yrs ago, and I was told I could be lucky enough to never again experience another outbreak.. Well, to my surprise I am currently on an outbreak now and it doesn't hurt as much as the first one off course but it is still very unpleasant, it feels itchy and it sucks that I could had been in control of this situation and taken more precaution with my herpetic whitlow.  I am extremely sad and today is just another remembrance of how awful this silly mistake has impacted my life and people say it gets easier and perhaps sometimes it does but, I really would like if science to accelerate an effective vaccine for us.  Is any company doing any trials for a vaccine or what is the update with that? I recall 2 years ago we were still very far off but I don't know about now... any news for us yet?